During the bicentennial travel caravan, young people from the Pumlalakta dance troupe danced. Photo courtesy
May 24 in his memory Battle of Pichincha This is one Break Not recoverable for Ecuadorians. And it will leave on Monday the 23rd, which is added on Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd of May In other words, a new one in less than 7 days Holidays Three days.
Is provided by this change of date Ministry of Tourism When he set a break date of 2022.
In addition, the occasion is memorable 200 years This historic work is remembered not only in Ecuador but also in many Latin American countries.
Activities have been organized for this in several cities of the country.
#ElCentroFlorece With you, an initiative to increase industry, culture, tourism and economic reactivation. Young artists are decorating the historic center with the metal doors of the urban art, various courtyards. #LiveThe Bicentennial pic.twitter.com/QLnuvVHRPB
– Quito Municipality (unicipMunicipioQuito) May 17, 2022
Quito will have more than a dozen cultural and tourism activities for people of all ages.
- Cavalcade for bicentennial: Military civilian initiative that begins in Guayaquil and ends in Quito. It will be held from 3 to 24 May.
- Exhibition “Pichincha Sajjit”: Research and curatorial process on Pichinchar as the main component of Quito city. The event was inaugurated on May 8 at the Metropolitan Cultural Center.
- Concert hall: To commemorate the presence of the musical genre “Pasilo Equatoriano”, it will be performed in conjunction with the Museo del Pasilo. It will open on May 27 at the Capitol Theater.
- Cantata 1822, the war that never ended: It will be held May 24, 25 and 26 at Plaza San Francisco.
- The bell rings May 24 at the historic center.
- CAN Summit of Andean Cities: They will be held on May 24, 25 and 26 at the Itchimbia Cultural Center.
- May 24 Delivery of Resilience Square at Bicentennial Park.
- Occupying the city for two centuries: Large format activities consisting of 4 mega events taking place simultaneously in Quitumbe, San Francisco, La Carolina and Calderon to empower citizens across the entire urban area about the importance of bicentennial celebrations. It will be held on May 24.
The municipality has presented a mural for the bicentennial of the Pichincha War in #Quito. The work has attracted attention for a specialty: it contains pictures of Pikachu. Https://bit.ly/3lj6KJi