Traffic in the capital, from a total return to face-to-face class, presents some complications, before leaving home you must consider vehicle restrictions due to Pico y Placa.
Metropolitan Transit Agency (AMT) Reported via their Twitter account that this Monday, April 11, 2022, the limitation is for license plates ending in 1 and 2.
As it is a short week, due to the celebration of Holy Week, there will be restrictions till Thursday 14th April.
- Tuesday April 12: Plates ending in 3 and 4 are not performed.
- Wednesday, April 13: Plates ending at 5 and 6 are not performed.
- Thursday, April 14: Plates ending at 7 and 8 are not performed.
– AMTQuito (@AMT_Quito) April 11, 2022
The days when Pico Y Plaka does not apply
The restrictions of this rule are fulfilled from Monday to Friday except for days Holidays and weekends6:00 to 9:30 and 16:00 to 21:00.
Of Friday 15 April to 17 April Sunday Restrictions will not take effect due to the holidays which will be felt across the country due to Easter.
Prohibition for non-compliance
Drivers who do not comply with this restriction will be fined the equivalent of Unified Basic Salary (SBU), the first time it will be 15%, the second time it will be 25% and the third time it will be 50%. SBU.
Vehicles that are exempt from this rule are:
- Official vehicles of the President and Vice President of Ecuador.
- Vehicles of embassy representatives.
- Vehicles for the disabled and the elderly.
- Vehicles for the combined transport of the people.
- Emergency service vehicles
- 100% electric vehicles.