The Tierra Canela group will be one of the musical groups that will offer concerts as part of its bicentennial agenda. Photo: Facebook Land Cinnamon
The Musical show They will also be part of the agenda of organized artistic and cultural activities within its framework Bicentennial Battle of Pichincha. This civic date is that memorable May 24 Saturday, May 21 will be part of a three-day holiday.
Institutional and recognized projects Team and solo From the national and international music scene will be part of the cultural program at different stages of the city.
Thursday, May 19th
- Concert. Group performances by Don Madardo and his player, El Inca Village Band, Children’s Youth Orchestra, La Madame and other artists. 18:00 at Plaza de San Francisco.
- Music and tradition. An artistic show featuring Banda de pueblo Corazón de Jesús, Manolo Criollo and Ballet Saruymanda. From 5pm at Plaza Garcia Moreno
- Freedom to pronounce your name. Concert for students with music by Manuelita Sáenz with vocals by Margarita Laso and music by Andean Instruments UDLA’s Youth Orchestra. At the Capitol Theater at 11:00.
- Afro-Ecuador’s participation in independence. Educational musical instruments and historical concerts at the Marimba and Afro-Ecuadorian percussion workshops in Casa de las Bandas. At 11:00 in the auditorium of Casa de las Bandas.
Saturday 21st May
- Pichincha is two hundred years old. Artistic and music festivals with performances by Cumbancheros, Marabú, Tierra Canela, Los Cuatro del Altiplano, Perros Callejeros, Ballet Kallpañan, Maykel Blanco and Grupo Niche. Bicentennial Park from 11:00.
- Choir Festival Museum. Music performances by Gonzaga choir, Musicalalia adult choir and Polytechnic choir. At 11:30 at the Yaku Parque Museo del Agua.
Sunday 22 May
- Pichincha is two hundred years old. The second day of the artistic festival with performances by Swing Original Monks, Proycto Coraza, Guanaco, Wanukta Tonic, Humajapas, Gracia Alban, El Bando Leon, Clarita Gonzaga and Manuel Turizo. Bicentennial Park from 11:00.
Tuesday, May 24
- Cantata. A show that integrates music, text, movement and mapping with over 150 artists on stage. Plaza de San Francisco, May 24 and 25 at 6:00 p.m.
- Freedom from diversity. Musical performances that reflect the invisibility of important actors in the 1822 historical document. Announcements with music and dance, concerts to celebrate diversity. From 18:00 in the linear park of Carapungo.
- Bicentennial America. Concert with performances by Ecuador’s National Symphony Orchestra, Paulina Tamayo, Marila Condo, John Peter and others. 18:00 at La Carolina Park.
- Wara rebels. Announcements with music, circus art and concerts with national artists. From 18:00 to Civic Square in Quitumbe.